There are quite a few tools that you can pick from to automate and schedule Crystal Reports. We, of course, are very proud of our Crystal Reports scheduling tool, remiCrystal. Not only is it light and easy to use, it is also very reliable and powerful. We, however, acknowledge that it might not fulfill some needs that some users have.
With that in mind, here are the top 5 Crystal Reports Scheduling alternatives that may meet your requirements.
In no particular order (descriptions pulled from the vendor’s website):
1. Jeff-Net Runner Batch: Jeff-Net Report Runner Batch is an automated report distribution tool for Crystal Reports. JNRRB works with all versions of Crystal Reports. It makes it possible to automatically run multiple reports on a regularly scheduled basis, all without user interaction. These reports can be printed, FTP’d, posted on a server, faxed, SMS’d, emailed, and even posted to Twitter. They can be exported in most any format that Crystal Reports supports such as Acrobat PDF.
2. ChristianSteven CRD: CRD, a Crystal Reports® Scheduler, is a dynamic, flexible, function-rich and intuitive Crystal Reports automation tool for scheduling, exporting, distributing and delivering your Crystal Reports outputs. Additionally, CRD contains Dynamic report population, Data Driven Reports, and Event Driven Crystal Reports as well as robust system, event and process automation functions which will make an instant impact on the efficiency of your business.
3. R-Tag Report Manager: R-Tag Report Manager was designed with the idea to work with multiple report types. As a result you can run Crystal Reports, SSRS and SQL Ad-hoc queries and send the result to an e-mail address , SharePoint 2010 or Office 365 account, add it to the internal Document Management or save it on a local network drive. Our advanced workflow will allow you to run and combine reports, local pdf and excel files.
4. Logicity: Logicity is a Crystal Reports viewer and scheduling application with an amazing array of administrative tools and controls for effectively deploying reports throughout your organization!
5. Reportal: A powerful distribution suite for your reporting needs, reportal is a web delivery and distribution solution for Crystal Reports and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). Publish, manage, distribute and schedule Crystal and SSRS reports from a single web platform that is easy to use, cost-effective and loaded with features.
If you would like to give remiCrystal a try, you can download the 14 day free trial from here.