remiCrystal is well known for its ease of use, stability and ability to automate Crystal Reports, SSRS Reports as Microsoft Excel Workbooks. There are some features that are very useful in remiCrystal that may not be very obvious to discover. In this post, we list what we feel are the top 5 features that remiCrystal has that you may not be aware of.
- PDF Merging: In remiCrystal, if you have multiple reports in a task that are all being exported to PDF, you can choose to merge them all into a single file prior to being delivered. In order to do this, add the reports to your remiCrystal task and then go to the reports tab. Once there, make sure that no report is selected. In the Properties grid, you can see the option to merge all your PDFs into a single file and what the resulting file should be named.
- Export Reports to PowerPoint: remiCrystal is the only report automation tool on the market that can export Excel Workbooks, SSRS Reports and Crystal Reports to the Microsoft PowerPoint (pptx) format. Every page of your report will become a slide and you can dynamically populate the title of each slide. Furthermore, you can choose to append the report output to your existing PowerPoint presentation. In the report output tab, select the PowerPoint format and that’s all there is to it**
- Run Multiple Tasks in Sequence: if you have multiple remiCrystal tasks that need to be run in sequence manually on a periodic basis, remiCrystal allows you to create (and save) a task list that contains multiple remiCrystal tasks that are executed in sequence.
- View Sent Emails: remiCrystal keeps an audit log of all the emails that are sent using an SMTP configuration. You can retrospectively view sent messages with their attached files to validate and verify the reports that were sent. This tool is available under the “Sent Emails” tab of the Task Manager utility found under the Tools menu. You can open each email by double-clicking on the entry.
- Take Charge of Excel of Automation: with remiCrystal, not only can you export your Excel Workbooks to formats such as PDF, Word or RTF, you can also run Macros in your Workbooks.
- BONUS: Set How Your Reports and Actions Run: We are very proud of our remiCrystal report processing engine especially in how it can run up to 8 reports/actions asynchronously. There are however times when you need reports and tasks to run in sequence. In remiCrystal, you can are able to set whether you want the reports and actions to be processed asyncronously or not. This gives you the power to chain your actions and reports into an automation business process automation workflow.If you haven’t tried remiCrystal yet, download the free trial here.
**requires PowerPoint 2007 or later installed on the same machine as remiCrystal.